Grand Canyon Train Tour
Grand Canyon Train Tour Details
- Roundtrip transportation with a professional driver from the Las Vegas Strip in a deluxe motor coach
- We provide pick-up and drop-off near and around most hotels. Don’t see your meeting spot for pick up on the list? Please contact us at (866) 717-8687 to help arrange for transportation to a convenient meeting spot for pick-up.
- Separate tour guide and driver on every tour providing excellent guest service
- Historic Grand Canyon Train trip from Williams, AZ to Grand Canyon South Rim
- Morning snack and plenty of bottled water
- Fresh lunch provided
- National park entry fees
- 1-2 hours to explore the Grand Canyon National Park
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours from the start of tour.
- We DO NOT use a check-in terminal; we leave directly after hotel pickups.
- There are no additional fees on the day of tour.
- No fuel surcharge.
- A restroom is located on the tour bus.
- Movies and entertainment are provided.
- Times are approximate and are subject to change.
- Pick-ups will begin approximately 4:45 AM.
- Duration – Approximately 14 hours
2020 Tour Itinerary:
- 4:45 AM begin pickups for the Grand Canyon Train Tour
- 9:00 AM Arrive in Williams, AZ at the Grand Canyon Railway
- 9:30 AM Williams railway departure
- 12:45 PM Arrive in Grand Canyon National Park
- Spend 1-2 hours at the Grand Canyon South Rim
- Depart Grand Canyon South Rim
- Arrive back in Las Vegas at approximately 7:00 PM
- The Las Vegas tour bus will drop-off at the same pickup locations
P.S. – All times are approximate and are subject to change.
Are food and beverages included in the Grand Canyon Railway tour?
On our Grand Canyon Railway tour, a light breakfast snack and a delicious deli lunch are included. The water is on us. All you can drink!
Is a gratuity expected?
Tips are accepted and appreciated for a job well done. We suggest a 10% tip minimum, which is industry standard.
What items should we bring?
Bring your camera to capture and preserve beautiful memories. A government-issued photo ID is required for all train tours. Other helpful things to bring are beverages with a screw-on cap, sunscreen, sunglasses and cash or credit cards if you’re planning to purchase anything such as souvenirs! The cafe car on the Grand Canyon train only accepts cash payment.
What should we wear?
There are big changes in weather when going to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Dressing in layers is suggested year round as summer monsoon storms are common. For the winter months, dress in warm clothing. Remember to wear sunblock and hats for protection.
What is your cancellation policy?
We offer free cancellation up to 24 hours from the start of the tour. Cancellations received less than 24 hours from the start of the tour will not be refunded. To be considered for a refund, please email email@example.com
Are there any additional fees or surcharges?
We do not charge a fuel surcharge, and there are no other charges on the day of your Grand Canyon South Rim train tour.
Grand Canyon Destinations reserves the right to upgrade passenger’s transportation to a Mercedes Sprinter vehicle if necessary.
Grand Canyon Train Tour Description
Grand Canyon Train– experience a day at the Grand Canyon’s South Rim. You will enjoy round trip transportation from the Las Vegas Strip in a deluxe motor coach that will take you to the Route 66 town of Williams, Arizona. Williams is referred to as “the gateway to the Grand Canyon.” From there, you will catch a ride on the historic Grand Canyon Railway that will take you on a two hour scenic ride to the South Rim of the canyon.
All Day Entertainment
There may not be a more exciting way to travel in the Southwest than by taking a train to Grand Canyon. Before the train departs, you will enjoy an Old Wild West cowboy show put on by the Grand Canyon railway. The show will transport you back in time and prepare you for the historic Grand Canyon train ride. Following the show, you will ride in a coach class train car, equipped with comfortable bench-style seating, air conditioning, and overhead storage.
While riding in the 1950s-era passenger cars, you will be entertained by strolling musicians roaming the cars. You can explore the train and visit the Café Car during your ride to the Grand Canyon. In the Café Car you will find packaged snacks and drinks for purchase by cash only.
In addition, there are service attendants that will be there to add insight to your travel and answer any questions. Your service attendants also serve as your guides while on the train. They will point out interesting points along the way while sharing facts and history about the train and the Grand Canyon with you.
During the Trip
On your way to Williams, AZ you will get a complimentary morning snack to enjoy as you travel through the Mojave Desert. Passing over the famous Mike O’Callaghan- Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge then crossing iconic Route 66, this tour offers a dramatic scenery changes as you gain 5000 feet of elevation from Las Vegas. Desert plants and animals change to scenery and wildlife from the Colorado Rockies, with 100 foot-tall pines, giant elk, and mule deer.
Williams, Arizona was one of the last Route 66 towns to be bypassed by the Interstate 40. The historic railway made its first runs between Williams and the Grand Canyon in 1901, and the early Arizona small town feel is still alive and well as you pass through the train depot.
Arriving at the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon Train tour delivers you to the steps of the famous El Tovar Hotel, in Grand Canyon Village, at the deepest and widest part of the canyon. Popular attractions in the Grand Canyon National Park include El Tovar, Hopi House, Kolb Photo Studio, and the Bright Angel Trail. Your guide will fill you in on all the details about what you can do and see while at the canyon.
Traveling Back to Las Vegas
Guests will later depart Grand Canyon with their tour guide and enjoy the coach trip back to Las Vegas. A short stop in Kingman, Arizona will allow you to grab dinner at the famous west coast In N Out burger restaurant.
Taking a train to the Grand Canyon is a unique way to experience this journey and one that you won’t forget.