Grand Canyon South Rim Guided Tours
Grand Canyon South Rim walking tour guide Details
This Tour Includes:
- We offer a delicious breakfast snack and a box lunch.
- Travel along historic Route 66.
- Spend 3 hours exploring on all our Grand Canyon South rim tours.
- We provide pick-up and drop-off near and around most hotels. Don’t see your meeting spot for pick up on the list? Please contact us at (866) 717-8687 to help arrange for transportation to a convenient meeting spot for pick-up.
- Separate tour guide and driver on every tour providing excellent guest service
- We provide luxury Grand Canyon bus trips that are affordable, comfortable, and have “you” the customer in mind.
- Have a special need or request? Just ask!
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours from the start of the tour.
- We DO NOT use a check-in terminal; we leave directly after hotel pickups.
- There are no additional fees on the day of the tour.
- No fuel surcharge.
- A restroom is located on the South rim tour bus.
- Movies and entertainment are provided.
- Times are approximate and are subject to change.
- Pick-ups start at 5:00 AM.
- Duration – Approximately 15 hours (not including pick up and drop off times)
- The loading and unloading of walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters will be the responsibility of the passenger and the company will not be liable for any damages that may occur to the item in the bus compartment.
- The mandatory mask policy has been re-instated at the Grand Canyon South Rim. When inside all buildings as well as the shuttle buses that run inside the park, you are required to wear a face mask.
2023 Tour Itinerary:
- Between 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM, Begin pick-ups for the Grand Canyon South rim to the Las Vegas strip.
- 10:30 PM Approximately arrive back in Las Vegas
P.S. – All times are approximate and are subject to change.
Are food and beverages included in the tour?
On our day trip to the Grand Canyon, a light breakfast snack and lunch are included. The water it’s on us. All you can drink!
Is a gratuity expected?
Tips are accepted and appreciated for a job well done. We suggest a 10% tip minimum, which is industry standard.
What items should we bring?
Bring your camera to capture and preserve beautiful memories. A government-issued photo ID is required for all flight tours. Other helpful things to bring are beverages with a screw-on cap, sunscreen, sunglasses and cash or credit cards if you’re planning to purchase anything such as souvenirs!
What should we wear?
We recommend comfortable walking shoes, and, for the summer months, wear sunblock and hats for protection. Dressing in layers is also suggested as summer monsoon storms are common. For the winter months, dress in warm clothing.
What is your cancellation policy?
We offer free cancellation up to 24 hours from the start of the tour. Cancellations received less than 24 hours from the start of the tour will not be refunded. To be considered for a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any additional fees or surcharges?
There is no fuel surcharge, and there are no other charges on the day of the tour.
Walking Tour Description
Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours add further excitement to your Las Vegas vacation. That is why you don’t want to miss taking this adventure tour featured by Grand Canyon Destinations.
While you can take air tours, such as Grand Canyon helicopter tours, or airplane tours during your Vegas stay, it is best, if you have not visited the Grand Canyon, to sign up for Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours by luxury bus.
Traveling by Luxury Bus
Going by luxury bus will allow you to relax, as this day trip from Las Vegas can be done in about 12 hours. Grand Canyon National Park, or the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, is about 275 miles from Vegas. Therefore, we usually schedule pick-up from or near your hotel at 6:00 AM in the morning. That will give you plenty of time to admire the surrounding desert landscape and see some beautiful natural scenery.
When you take a luxury bus on one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours, you will enjoy a variety of amenities. These amenities include the following:
- Fully adjustable, cushioned seats
- Wi-Fi access
- A friendly and knowledgeable tour guide to support your travel experience
- Stops to stretch and get snacks
- Plenty of water to rehydrate
- An onboard restroom
- Panoramic window views
- TV entertainment
By taking one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours, you don’t have to rent a car, fight the traffic when you enter Grand Canyon National Park, worry about buying fuel, or getting lost on the way. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy the day trip from the early morning start to the day’s end. Everything will be done to make your trip pleasant and hassle-free. That is what you should expect from a Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours experience.
Contact Grand Canyon Destinations about packages for Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours. That way, you can find a tour package that works for you. It will also give you the opportunity to escape from Vegas for a while and set out on an adventure tour.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Locally owned & operated company
- Highest-rated tour company
- With 5 – Star Rating on Both TripAdvisor & Google
- Open 7 days a week
- The company operate 365 days a year
- Free pickup on selected locations
- Free complimentary drinks and lunch
- No hidden charges or surcharges
- Affordable luxury tour
Some of the Highlights during Your Day Trip Adventure
On one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours, you will be able to enjoy the following:
- Travel along historic 66
- A 3 hours to visit Grand Canyon National Park and the South Rim
- Pick-up and drop off at or near your Vegas Strip hotel. You will return in the early evening. A Grand Canyon South Rim guided group tours day trip takes around 4.5 hours travel time each way.
To arrange transportation for one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours, contact Grand Canyon Destinations at (866) 717-8687.
Our Commitment to You: A Safe and Interesting Travel Experience
Besides the above highlights, our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours provide a separate tour guide and driver for each trip from Las Vegas, thereby offering a safer travel experience. While the driver in some tour companies also serves as a guide, we make sure that on all our canyon tours to have a guide and driver. That way, the driver can focus on getting you safely to your destination.
If you want to experience the ultimate in a luxury tour, you will want to include one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours on your travel list. If you have a special South Rim tours request, all you have to do is ask! We can make your Grand Canyon hiking tour or outdoor activity a one-of-a-kind experience.
Schedule a Guided Hiking or Walking Tour
You can also schedule a guided hiking tour if you are interested in one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours packages. One of the best ways to take a rim day trip is by planning a guided walk or hike. Doing so will allow you to learn more about the indigenous fauna, geology, flora, and history of the Grand Canyon.
Do you want to take one of our Grand Canyon South Rim tours that is more structured and educational? Again, our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours make traveling to the canyon both fun and relaxing. This exclusive tour experience will help you with planning your family or group travel plans.
What Is Not Included On A South Rim Tour
Some think this guided hiking event includes a Hoover Dam tour or a self-guided tour of the Skywalk. However, you have to book these tours separately, as they are not part of South Rim tours or the Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours experience. If you want to visit the Skywalk, you will need to book a tour to Grand Canyon’s West Rim. This part of the canyon is owned by the Hualapai Native American tribe.
The Skywalk is unique, as it is made of a reinforced glass that is transparent and strong. The platform, which extends over the canyon, allows Grand Canyon visitors to see thousands of feet down into the deep abyss. The Skywalk is also part of Eagle Point, a rock outcropping that looks like an eagle. It’s almost like walking on air when you view the canyon from this height. The glass cantilever bridge is built to withstand violent gusts of wind and earthquake tremors that register 7 on the Richter scale.
Grand Canyon South Rim Guided Tours- What to Expect
Once you arrive at your South Rim day trip destination, your Grand Canyon walking tour begins. This is one of the Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours that simply cannot be missed. Not only can you check out Grand Canyon hotels, you are also close to all the activities and sights of Grand Canyon Village. Grand Canyon visitors on a Grand Canyon South Rim small group tour can also learn more about Grand Canyon history and formation.
Some of the Major Points of Interest
Your tour from Las Vegas to visit Grand Canyon National Park and the South Rim of the Grand Canyon features the following main points of interest:
- An optional tour of the Trail of Time, which describes how the Grand Canyon came to be, with exhibits explaining how rock formations formed over thousands of years.
- Mather Point- the first starting point, close to the Main Visitor Center.
- The historic El Tovar Hotel.
- The Yavapai Geology Museum
- Kolb Studio – a professional photography studio, owned by the Kolb brothers at the turn of the 20th
- The Bright Angel Lodge, which marks the end of this outdoor activity.
Historic Buildings in Grand Canyon Village
You will find many buildings in and near Grand Canyon Village that are historic in nature. During your adventure tour of the Grand Canyon South Rim, you will find many of the buildings to be the architectural creations of the famous Grand Canyon architect, Mary E.J. Colter.
For instance, one of these buildings is the Hopi House, which is influenced by Hopi building designs. Another Colter creation is the hotel, Bright Angel Lodge. This beautifully made lodge contains rooms to stay in, a gift shop, and a restaurant. The Lookout Studio and Hermit’s Rest are other Colter designs to see at the South Rim too.
Something for Everyone
The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is part of Grand Canyon National Park. Therefore, this area of the canyon is seen by the majority of people visiting the Grand Canyon. That is because the park has something for everyone.
During your journey, you can choose to walk or take a shuttle. If you don’t feel up to walking a long distance (about 2 miles), you can always rely on the park’s shuttle transport services. Therefore, both young and old alike can experience the Grand Canyon in all its glory.
What You Will See On A One Day Tour
During a Grand Canyon day trip, activities inside the park last about three hours. While you cannot spend the day traveling from rim to rim, you can tour Grand Canyon Village and see some of the most incredible viewpoints in the U.S.
You won’t be able to see the Colorado River up-close or visit the only lodge at the base of the canyon, Phantom Ranch, on just a one-day tour. However, you will be awed by the expanse and beauty of the canyon. Something that is hard to fathom, even when you see it up-close.
Just like Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon South Rim is a one-of-a-kind place that will inspire you to revisit it and explore more of what it offers. Mark your calendar and make sure you schedule one of our Grand Canyon South Rim guided tours in your travel plans now. No trip to Las Vegas is complete without taking one of the Grand Canyon tours offered by Grand Canyon Destinations.
This day trip package will give you plenty to share with family and friends on Facebook and Instagram. In fact, we invite our visitors on South Rim tours to upload pictures to their social media accounts so they can let their friends and family know more about some of the exciting sights.
What to Wear During Your Grand Canyon Day Trip
When taking one of our Grand Canyon tours, you need to dress appropriately, as the sun does get hot and you can get sunburned if you are not careful. Make sure to wear a sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 15 to safeguard your skin from the sun’s burning rays.
You should also wear lightweight slacks or pants and a lightweight long-sleeved blouse or shirt. Never wear open-toed sandals or flip-flops. Make sure you are wearing closed-toed footwear for hiking tours, or even when taking the shuttle. Keep your toes and feet protected because of the terrain can be rough or rocky in spots.
Schedule Your Grand Canyon Trip Early
To schedule any of our Grand Canyon tours, including separate trips, such as Hoover Dam tours or Grand Canyon excursions, contact Grand Canyon Destinations early. If you plan to visit Vegas, you need to plan a rim trip or similar adventure tour as soon as possible. That way, you can be assured of a seat on the bus, or you can include a desired outdoor activity in your Las Vegas travel plans.
Call one of our experienced travel representatives today or schedule a Grand Canyon travel online now. Our telephone number is (866) 717-8687. Give us a call or contact us by email at email@example.com.
The loading and unloading of walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters will be the responsibility of the passenger and the company will not be liable for any damages that may occur to the item in the bus compartment.
As per the company policy, we have a 72-hour cancellation notice required when booking for 10, or more passengers in order to receive a full refund. failure in doing so will result in cancellation fees.